So, in order to store your seasonal gear, are you planning to build a shed or small garage in your backyard? We have a pretty good idea that what one of your main considerations is – the door. Instead of using two 30‑inch wood doors, there are many reasons to use one overhead door.
Ideally, your building should be at least 112 sq. ft. (ex.: 8' x 14') to be able to install a sectional garage door. Here are the benefits that you will discover:
To make sure you are using the right parts on your garage door, we recommend you contact us to evaluate your current setup. We can also provide you with a free written quotation.
First, a sectional door is… very practical!
- A sectional door opens toward the interior of the shed, instead of toward the outside like a tilt garage door/swing garage door. This means in the winter, you won’t have to shovel the show in front of the door to access it.
- A sectional door retracts toward the ceiling, meaning you maximize the interior space you need.
- With a six-foot wide door, it is easier to move large equipment around. Larger than a 36-in veneer door, you can easily move in and out your motorcycle, ATV or snowmobile.
- You can finally install an electric garage door opener. With a simple click, you are able to easily open your garage door without getting off your motorcycle.
It coordinates with your main garage door
- You can match the color and design of your shed garage door with your main garage door.
- If you add windows, you can get the same model for both doors.
It requires very little maintenance
- Contrary to 36-in veneer doors, you don’t have to paint them.
- They come with a baked-on paint finish in a variety of colors.
It can be as small as 4 feet wide
- Most shed doors are at least 6 feet wide and 6' 6" high, especially if you want to store a motorcycle or ATV.
- You can get a garage door as small as 4-feet wide, and even install a window.
What are the possible choices?
- A non-insulated door or 1 galvanized steel layer + polystyrene insulation like the Regal (2" thick).
- An 3 layers | Polystyrene door like the Vantage (2" think).
- An R‑12, polyurethane-insulated door from the Acadia 138 series (1 3⁄8").
- An R‑16, polyurethane-insulated door from the Standard+ series (1 ¾").
Are you ready to get started tomorrow morning?
Contact us now to set up an appointment so we can help you plan your project. We can supply you with a precise plan showing how to prepare your door frame and the overhead space needed for your new garage door to work correctly. We also carry electric garage door openers and their accessories for sheds.
To view all our door models, simply use our Design Centre. This way you can create your next dream garage door!